The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Brand New Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Heads up for you guys.

I just got in a few Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED lenses. B+H doesn't even have these yet!

Price is $569. New In Box, USA product.

David
Dale Photo & Digital

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
But my 105mm is big that I just bought. Hmmmm

This would fit me better. I mean i just bought the 105mm new

Any interest, I may do this instead

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
So how do the two micro lenses compare? Aside from the focal length that is. 100,000 years ago I used a Nikon 200mm internal focusing micro lens and really liked the extra distance it allowed from the subject. So my gut reaction would be to go to the 105 that Guy has. What's the buzz on this new 60?

Guy Mancuso

Well there the same magnification 1:1. Besides focal length not much different it appears. the 105 maybe better for the D3 users. Kurt you need this bud:D

Wait the 105 has VR. This does not. Still I would rather have the 60mm for product work on the D300

Guy Mancuso

May want to hold one for me David.

Anyone interested in the 105mm I can sell it for 680 I bought it imported though at B&H for 740.00

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Ok. So I tried one on a D300 about five minutes ago.

Damn.

Super fast focus without the hunting of the 105VR. Nice compact size and great build quality. Razor sharp wide-open. Great color and tone, with smooth bokeh. 90mm equiv on DX with 1:1 mag for FX. Great for portraits and general macro work.

I want one.

So there you have it Guy. The concise review.

Let your wallet be your guide.. :D

David

dfarkas

Workshop Member
You know Guy....

I have a few D3's coming in a few days.... ;)

You sure you wouldn't want one of those instead?:D

David