The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using P30+ on Sinar P2 body

Henry Goh

I have asked part of this before and got some inconclusive answers.
I have the P30+, P2 body with several nice old Rodenstock, Schneider lenses. If need be, I can go buy a new digitar or HR lens. I want to go back to shooting with P2 in my studio for still product shots. I need some movement but I also won't be using wide lenses, mostly short tele.

I have been told that P30+ may or may not give me color cast, depending on the lens.

I need to have some help here from people who have used this combo. I need to also know what are the additional stuff I need to buy. I suppose Kapture group cable? sliding back? whatever, please tell me so that I can get them once I have decided to use the P2. Thanks.

fotografz

I have the P30+, P2 body with several nice old Rodenstock, Schneider lenses. If need be, I can go buy a new digitar or HR lens. I want to go back to shooting with P2 in my studio for still product shots. I need some movement but I also won't be using wide lenses, mostly short tele.

I have been told that P30+ may or may not give me color cast, depending on the lens.

I need to have some help here from people who have used this combo. I need to also know what are the additional stuff I need to buy. I suppose Kapture group cable? sliding back? whatever, please tell me so that I can get them once I have decided to use the P2. Thanks.
Henry, does the P30+ utilize micro lenses? If it does, than it MAY present a similar issue that the Hassey 31 meg back did for me when using it on a Rollei Xact-II and view lenses, even my 90mm Rodenstock. I do not have the cast issues when using my 39 meg back.

-Marc

O

Optechs Digital

Hi Henry,

It won't take much to get this back on your Sinar. All you need is a way to mount your P30+ to the back of the Sinar, this could be a Kapture Group sliding back adapter or Leaf has a series of simple plates that are intended for live video use. These plates require the use of graflock clips on your Sinar camera and are available in all of the standard mounts. If you haven't already messed around with the live video on the Phase back you will probably want to do so before going down this path as some users don't love this feature.

To trigger the system you will also need either a Kapture group one shot cable or a Phase One wake up cable.

That's all you will need. Keep in mind that the P30+ isn't the optimal back for this setup but as long your camera movements are modest you will probably be happy enough.

Best Regards,
Paul