The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Card Locked Error

P

PaulMayeux

Ok - is it time for a new SD card or is there some contacts in the camera that need to be cleaned? It takes like 4-5 tries taking the card out and reinserting it in order to get beyond that error. Any ideas?

Terry

I can't link to it here but there is a thread that was running yesterday on LUF about the same issue. Seems like some solved by blowing air into the card slot and getting that cleaned out. It is the same problem I've had.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Terry you can link between the sites BTW that is open now. Photo's , links and such. No issues between linking LUF and GetDpi all that good to go now.

But worth trying that but anytime a card gives me trouble it winds up in the garbage . i take no chances with cards.

Terry

Thanks Terry you can link between the sites BTW that is open now. Photo's , links and such. No issues between linking LUF and GetDpi all that good to go now.

But worth trying that but anytime a card gives me trouble it winds up in the garbage . i take no chances with cards.
LOL - when Mr. Jobs decides that cut and paste is useful on an iPhone it will be easy!

P

PaulMayeux

Thanks guys (and Guy) - The card is a Sandisk Extreme II 2gb ( I have 3 cards) and they all seem to do it. I'll try blowing it out. I had wondered if it were that little locking switch on the side of the card bumping against something inside the camera. The switch seems a little on the loose side

I'll look over on the "other site" and see what they have to say.

P

PaulMayeux

OK - after reading the other thread - one thing to note, I have never formatted my cards on my pc.

I'm with Guy - I'm going to blow the slot out and replace the cards.

P

PaulMayeux

Update: tried the bulb blower on the card slot and everything works perfectly now.

irakly

same thing happened to one of marc's m8s and a sandisk ultra II 2GB card. the card was fine in two other m8 bodies and two canon 1d markII and 1ds markIII bodies. extremely weird.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Happened to me today with a Transcend 150X 4GB card.

There also seems to be a bug in the completion bar when deleting all photos. If you delete more than 255 photos the bar never moves, and if you delete more than 255 files (DNG+JPG) it never moves all the way across. Probably stops after 255 files (128 photos).