The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fs: Leica 28mm Elmarit ROM

robsteve

Subscriber
I am selling my 28mm Elmarit-R ROM. This probably the best 28mm in the 35mm SLR realm. Works great on the Leica R3 and later and also the DMR. Easily adapted to Canon systems, including the 5D. These seldom come up for sale and this one is in near mint shape and is very sharp.

I am asking $1,300 for it, shipping included. It is complete with box, instructions, warranty card and leather case.

robmac

I've used this particular lens of Rob's (and am tempted to purchase) - rest assured it's smooth and immaculate.

gogopix

Subscriber
you can see why this is my DMR 'walkaround lens'
if somebody doesnt buy this I may just get a backup--:D

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
Yes it is sharp and small. Here is a picture of Guy taken a few years ago with the 28mm. I might have to slash the price to sell it :)

gogopix

Subscriber
Now, if your focusing skills conveyed with the lens.....

you could likely DOUBLE the price:salute:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If I look at that blonde's picture one more time, I may have to apologize to the wife....
Once you experience the sliding hood on the 28 R you will forget about the blond. The hood is ever so charming!

robmac

I actually borrowed this lens particular lens from RS some time ago and tested it on my (then 5D) and an R8 I picked up from RS as part of the test. We live about 30 mins aprt.

Loved the handling, the res and the way images 'popped' into focus in the VF. Was hard to let it go back, but Rob's price was a tad stiffer back then and I had a LONG list of gear I wanted to try, soo...

My ONLY complaint with the lens is that it doesn't have a 'twist & lock/unlock' feature when extended.

Last edited: