The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ Pro-II complete system: "Smoking Hot Deal"

fotografz

The MF honcho of them all ... A complete Mint Mamiya RZ Pro-II system with everything you can think of ... and then some. More fun and versatility than one person should be allowed.

Made famous by such shooters as Annie Leibovitz, the Mamiya RZ is a 6X7 Medium Format legend. Scanned film from this camera barks with the big dog $30,000.+ digital backs. It accepts adapters to use every digital back made with a 1.5X lens factor ... from the old Kodak Proback to the latest 39 meg monsters.

I've shot a Leaf Aptus 75s on this camera and the files are mind blowing ... IMO, better than the same back shot on my now sold Mamiya 645AFD. The RZ optics seem particularly suited for digital capture. The camera is a bellows focusing type, so the lens elements are stationary to promote superior corrections. A few of the wide angles have floating elements for close work. The range of optics is also mind boggling.

While the camera is BIG, it can be stripped down to basics and even used hand-held with the included electronic grip and waist level finder. The back configuration is a rotating type allowing landscape and portrait orientation.

I will be offering it here exclusively for awhile before brokering it out. I want to sell the entire system intact and will put all of it, or as much as possible, in an included roller case for shipping.

$6,900. + Shipping (no haggling) ... an entire professional system for peanuts ... LOL. Add a $6,900. ZD back and you are in the digital studio business.

Why am I selling? Papa needs to pay for new studio revamping, unglamorous stuff like a $6000. Profoto D4 generator box and the like. Boring :-(

In my next post I will do a call-out of all the items with a detailed description.

Last edited:

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Why am I selling? Papa needs to pay for new studio revamping, unglamorous stuff like a $6000. Profoto D4 generator box and the like. Boring :-(
Nothing boring about a D4. Sweet pack. :thumbup:

Nice RZ system, btw. Is it the Pro II or the Pro IID?

David

fotografz

Here's the breakdown:

1) Mamiya RZ Pro-II, 220 film back, waist level finder, 2 electronic releases (not shown).

2) Mamiya Electronic Grip Bracket.

3) Mamiya T/S adapter. +/- 12 degree Tilt, +/- 10mm Shift.

4) RZ Motor Winder.

5) Ground Glass back ... for use with T/S for precision focusing.

6) RZ 67 Polaroid Back.

7) Two Prism Finders, one is the AE finder and the other is non AE. Includes Mamiya flip magnifier.

8) Two additional Film backs: 120 & 220.

9) Mamiya 37/4.5 W Fisheye Z

10) 180/4 DL SOFT (VSF). This lens is razor sharp until you remove the end element (shown removed) and install one of the 3 Imigon type apertures (also shown). Unique.

11) 140/4.6 Macro M/L-A. Very sharp with excellent flatness of field. Rotating variable DOF scale for use with extension tubes.

12) M 180/4.5 L SB. This is a SB (Short Barrel) lens for use on the T/S adapter. Used together they achieve infinity focus. Used with the SB tube, becomes a normal 180.

13) M 75/4,5 L SB. Also a short barrel lens for use on the T/S adapter. Same optical performance as the Mamiya 75 T/S lens. Used with the SB tube, becomes a normal 75.

(shown mounted on T/S adapter is the SB spacer to turn the 75 & 180 into normal lenses)

14) No.2 82mm Extension Tube. Fully coupled electronically.

15) 210/4.5 APO Z. One of the sharpest lenses I've ever used. Without a doubt the sharpest in this focal length arena.

16) M 50/4.5 ULD (floating System). Sharp is it's middle name.

17) Z 90/3.5 W Considered a "normal focal length" as is the 110.

18) Optical 1.4 X electronic extender.... (turns the 210 into a 300mm).

19) No1 electronically coupled 45mm extension tube.

20) Mamiya "Flair Buster" ... fits most of the lenses.

(Not shown, other odds and ends accessories).

Everything is mint, all lenses come with shades and caps ... and most everything has boxes, but I'd rather pack it all up in a roller case and ship it intact.

Last edited:

fotografz

Nothing boring about a D4. Sweet pack. :thumbup:

Nice RZ system, btw. Is it the Pro II or the Pro IID?

David
Pro II. When I went to set up the Aptus on a Pro-IID, it still needed an expensive adapter ... which I already had for the RZ Pro-II.

robmac

"Mother, it's time for you to change the paypal password again....right now"

Nice, and I mean NICE, kit.

fotografz

Ah not again.
But wait, there's more ... if Peter A doesn't snap it up before I can even post it here ... LOL.

Spring cleaning CAN be fun and beneficial to photography lovers. My dust bin gear looks like stuff on B&H's prime shelves : -)

Stay tuned.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I probably won't even bother to bring my MF outfit to Carmel. It is mostly a printing venue with some street and coastal landscape shooting thrown in. My J803 with M8's is pretty secure ;)

Plus, (and somewhat ironically Marc) I sold off my entire set of studio lighting -- a Profoto D4 2400 pack and 3 heads, stands etc, to pay for the ZD, so the RZ is probably not a real practical purchase at this time ;)

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Wow. This is getting to be better than my daily soap operas ;)

Looks like a great kit. I'm sure it'll be snatched up soon if it hasn't been already. Good luck w/ your sale. :)

-C

fotografz

Hey, if nothing else the RZ system got a nice spring cleaning and looks like new.

Hmmm, maybe a Sinar back for it AND the V system. Something I couldn't do with my Aptus 75s. Hmmmm ... sound of brain wheels grinding : -)

PIC: RZ, 180/4.5 using a Lowly Old 16 meg Kodak ProBack ... used for a Jewelry Retailer Mother's Day 48" in-store promotion poster:

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Practical is that truly a word here on this forum. Face it we are gear heads and damn proud of it. I like to use the word logical too , yea right. We are just sick campers. Bottom line what else would we do , take up knitting. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

PSon

Practical is that truly a word here on this forum. Face it we are gear heads and damn proud of it. I like to use the word logical too , yea right. We are just sick campers. Bottom line what else would we do , take up knitting. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I can see Guy knitting :)

robmac

What jewelry?
Amen brother.

I can sooooo see this entry-level MF thing causing me some pain as soon as the wife gets that Tag Huer (sic?) and maybe some other goodies.

I keep telling her from my Rolex & Omega days that they aren't worth it (and that better lenses are), but she ain't buying it.