The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wimberley Long Lens Gimbal TriPod Head +

fotografz

Not only great for for those big lenses like the Canon 400/2.8, but it really works well for use with Medium Format systems.

Easy to use, this head is famous for how you can adjust it so you can move big lenses around with one finger (see demo photo).

Sells for $595.oo new and the Arca type plates are $50. ea.

Sell head, all parts, and two mounting plates for $385.oo plus shipping.

Last edited:
D

DougDolde

Man that makes me want an H3D a lot more than it makes me want a Wimberly.

D

DougDolde

Marc, how would the Wimberley work as a stitching tool? Can you lock down the pan and tilt movements independently?

And yeah you should sell them to Wimberley. Their product page is a bit lacking in claity.

fotografz

Marc, how would the Wimberley work as a stitching tool? Can you lock down the pan and tilt movements independently?

And yeah you should sell them to Wimberley. Their product page is a bit lacking in claity.
Never thought of trying that. I would think a gear driven rail base would work better ... Shoot centered, shoot fully to the left, shoot fully to the right ... stitch the 3 together.

D

DougDolde

That only works with a shift lens. Otherwise the displacement is so small you don't get many additional pixels.

robsteve

Subscriber
Marc:

The head arrived in fine shape. We were out shooting all day and I didn't get it until the evening. I will give it a try with my 400mm when I get home.

Robert