The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Blizzard" 2010

Double Negative

Not Available
I ran three rolls of Tri-X (at EI 320) through the Hassy, using the 2,8/80 and 4/50 FLE during our recent "blizzard" here. Developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 12 minutes. Scanned via v700 and PPed. Some samples are below (click for larger/info), and the entire lot of 24 shots can be found under "Blizzard 2010."

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks, Uwe! :)

I took some more today at a preserve/mansion after another snowstorm yesterday. I'm in the process of scanning those now...

Double Negative

Not Available
Wow, thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments and glad you like them. :)

I took the Hassy out again after the last "February Fury" storm, which dumped about 1.5 feet (.5m) in my area (up to 3'/1m elsewhere). The sun was in and out but it was a beautiful "day after" for shooting. I decided to hit a local preserve (basically a mansion on a huge pile of land) that I hadn't had much luck at before; this was to be a good day - 22 out of 24 shots were keepers. I shot T-Max 100 this time around for less grain, but didn't have my usual Xtol mixed up; I went with Rodinal 1:50 for 12 minutes:

Double Negative

Not Available
I took images 391/392 from the previous shoot and did a little Photoshop manipulation to them (basically made them into pseudo lith film shots) and converted the black component to a lightish green. Printed them on 8x10" glossy paper and matted/framed them for hanging in my bathroom, which I just gave a "weekend makeover." It has a sort of spa/tree vibe to it, and those trees were perfect! I'll take some shots of the results to share...

Double Negative

Not Available
Sorry for the crappy shots (I know, right?) but here are the prints I mentioned above. First, the overall view - and the inspiration for the theme:

And the prints:

Double Negative

Not Available
A snowstorm JUST missed us yesterday. I was thinking of getting some more shots in... This time maybe with the Mamiya 7II. Maybe I can get one more outing in this season.

If not, spring is welcome too. ;)

Double Negative

Not Available
^ Thanks, Cindy!

The redo was definitely a quick one. All said, maybe $200 for paint, shelving, frames, shower curtain/liner, etc. I plan to gut the bathroom in the future anyway, so I didn't fix everything (like the completely whack beadboard). My biggest goal was to remove the crown moulding used as baseboard moulding - courtesy of the previous homeowner! :eek:

T

tokengirl

Nice!

If you're sick of the snow you can come down to Florida and redo my bathroom. :D