The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Lenses for D3 tested

jonoslack

HI there
I know nothing about this site, but I thought that the results were extremely interesting.
Here's the link:

Nikon Lens Tests on D3

What's really interesting is how much better the new lenses do than the old (for instance, compare the popular 17-35 with the new zooms).

etrigan63

if only I could read French... I get the gist but not the nuances of the report. Still, he is using DXO Analyzer to test the lenses and not just his homemade test board (which would give him more credibility if he hadn't drawn the lines in crayon :ROTFL: ).

T

tph3723

You can translate it here:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=it|en

P

pascal_meheut

BTW, I know the guy. He is very nice and he really knows what he is talking about. He wrote books about photographic equipment and software (one about DxO) and has tested lenses for years now (I did it with him a few times).

He also uses the equipment on the field both to test it and to produce some good pictures...

If you need any help understanding the conclusions... But they are quite simple and already known: the 14-24 is incredible and the 24-70 is excellent. Others may vary...

jonoslack

BTW, I know the guy. He is very nice and he really knows what he is talking about. He wrote books about photographic equipment and software (one about DxO) and has tested lenses for years now (I did it with him a few times).

He also uses the equipment on the field both to test it and to produce some good pictures...

If you need any help understanding the conclusions... But they are quite simple and already known: the 14-24 is incredible and the 24-70 is excellent. Others may vary...
HI Pascal
Thank you for chipping in - I thought it seemed like he knew what he was doing (so little polemic).

robmac

Was playing with a 14-24G in a local camera shop for 1st time yesterday (miracle they even had a copy on display). It's a fat sucker at the far end, but not as physically big as I'd thought. Nice handling. Made a nice compact combo with the D300 I had it bolted to.