The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3X Wildlife Image

PSon

Thanks Uwe for the nice encouragement. This is my first time doing wildlife and the D3X is not suppose to be the ideal camera. Here is another one with the same lens and camera.
Best Regards,
Son

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Absolutely beautiful wildlife captures, Son. The last frame with the Alligator and the Egret (?) is a price winner !

Since when did you start shooting Nikon D3X - a recent purchase ?
Looking forward to see more :)

Steen

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Absolutely beautiful wildlife captures, Son. The last frame with the Alligator and the Egret (?) is a price winner !

Since when did you start shooting Nikon D3X - a recent purchase ?
Looking forward to see more :)

Steen
+1

The Alligator and Egret picture is extraordinarily beautiful -- one of the best images I have seen on GetDPI (or any other forum, for that matter).

PSon

Thanks Steen, Jonathon and Otumay for the kind remarks.

Steen, during my visitation to Florida to see a great friend he lend me his D3X to try out and I came away with very high quality files. It is an Egret.

Jonathon, I was very lucky to get this shot. The day before my shooting session, I saw an image from one of my friend where the bird was standing on the alligator back. I though I would attempt to shoot one where the egret would fly over the alligator and with the reflection to cup the alligator. So that morning I waited until the moment to arrive and luckily the camera did what it was supposed to do and the rest you saw.

Here are a few more images from the D3X file. The last image was heavily croped because the bird was flying at a very high speed and my lens was not long enough by the time I was able to track it in focus. This little bird is the fastest one I encountered that day.

Best Regards,
Son

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Son: Very nice photos. I would have thought that the D3x would be an ideal wildlife camera. Moose Peterson seems to think so. Although, the D3s with higher ISO performance might be better at keeping shutter speeds up for BIF shots.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

David K

Workshop Member
Son, bravo for your first wildlife post. The gator/egret shot is wonderful in many ways, content, composition and rarity immediately come to mind. You also did a great job not blowing the highlights on the egrets something I've done more times than I can count. I guess you will need to come for another visit to Florida. I'll take you to the Everglades and you can teach me how to use the xACT-2 :)