The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Munich For Christmas Prague for New Years

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I plan to be in Munich for about a week before Christmas and in Prague for another ten days after that.
Any pointers on good subjects in those areas this time of year?
Any good guide recommendations?
thanks
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob:

I was in Prague this past summer --- LOVED it! The bridge's (especially the Charles) will be fantastic with a dusting of snow on them. Also, the Jewish cemetary is worth the price of admission assuming the weather is not overly severe. Both main squares have a variety of interesting architecture to photograph. There's also a very interesting Frank Gehry building there which houses the national dance studio. Beyond that, there will be tons of street shooting opportunities. Have a great trip!

The Gehry building:

Prague square:

Charles Bridge:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I plan to be in Munich for about a week before Christmas and in Prague for another ten days after that.
Any pointers on good subjects in those areas this time of year?
Any good guide recommendations?
thanks
-bob
Eyewitness Guide to Prague.....these guides have very detailed walking guides to each section of the city...so for example if you want to go up to the Castle..you can follow a recommended route with all the sites highlighted. Rest up I had about 1500 images in 6 days in september. If you need a hotel ..can recommend the Hotel Rott .. a bargin and right on the square.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Old Town Square. a bit wider.
Red topped structures are the boths of the Christmas Market
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Prague Old Town Square with Christmas Market

WATE and PS perspective tweak
Due to the city lights, the reflections in the cloudy sky was an awful color which I replaced.
-bob