The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Twilight and beyond in Truckee, CA

gromitspapa

Really charming, funky town. The first was shot with the 70-200VR, the rest with the 17-55, all hand held (forgot the plate the tripod grips onto). Used some Nik filters on #3 and #5...

gromitspapa

A really cool bookstore...

On Saturday nights, they show movies. Tonight's was The Maltese Falcon. There were about 10 people in there watching it...

Last two...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice series gromitspapa! It looks a bit like the community from the old TV show Northern Exposure ( a bit more upscale maybe).

The one shot that caught my eye was number 2. It looks to be a great bit of water for Fly Fishing!

Thanks for posting.

Tim

gromitspapa

TRSmith- used to love "Northern Exposure." I remember someone described it as a "vegetarian Twin Peaks." #2 was just behind a house in town on a side street. I was driving around waiting for it to get dark enough for the diner shot.

Jono- yes, I'm using the D300. What a great balance of ability and value. I don't think I would have gotten as nice a result in the bookstore with the D200 I used to have. Found that bookstore also while waiting for it to get dark. Need to go back, have a latte, and watch a classic movie...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hmmm . Okay next workshop in Truckee. LOL

Actually looks like a fun place to shoot. I like rustic stuff like this

etrigan63

Yeah, but does its one hotel have room enough for all of us?

We certainly can't complain about the room rates: "Steam Heated Rooms: $1.00"

etrigan63

Little do we realize that the entire town is wired with 100Mb fiber optic connections and everyone there has mad hacking skillz.