The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D300 ISO 1600 and 3200 RAW Files

S

Sean_Reid

My wife would like to switch (from Canon) to a couple of weather-sealed bodies for this years wedding season and the D300 is under consideration. The D3 is too large and heavy for her. High ISO performance is very important to her work and I haven't yet tested the D300. If anyone has ISO 1600 and 3200 NEF files (preferably made in low light, maybe even with tungsten lighting) that they'd be willing to share, I'd love to see them. Please PM me.

I went to check results from other reviewers and they all seem to be testing ISO performance using JPEG captures! Why, I can't fathom.

I already know, from having tested the D200, that the finder, ergonomics, etc. of the D300 are bound to be great.

Cheers,

Sean

S

Sean_Reid

Oh cool, thanks Terry. Do you want to e-mail me and we'll figure out the best way to send them?

I emptied the PM box, BTW, thanks.

Cheers,

Sean

etrigan63

If you guys need space I have my own private ftp server. I can set you up with accounts and a common area for you to share. Be aware that downloading from server isn't too spectacular yet. Comcast hasn't put in the new 16mb/2mb link yet.

S

Sean_Reid

Hi Guy,

Cool.

Thanks for the responses folks. Terry put some up that I think I'll be able to snag this morning. Appreciate the offers.

Cheers,

Sean

Terry

Hi,
I used my .mac account. Very simple. Load files in the public folder. Set that folder up as what people can access (for me it is my homepage). Click on the arrow next to the file you want to download. You don't have unlimited bandwidth per month but I haven't had an issue yet.

If someone else needs files, just send me a PM. I don't want to paste the link or I will run out of bandwidth since each file is approx 13mb.

Last edited:
S

Sean_Reid

Hi Terry,

That's just what I needed, they're lit like a lot of receptions, etc. I'll look at them later this morning once I've done the C1 conversions. Any ISO 1600 pics in the same kind of light?

Many Thanks,

S

Terry

Sean,
I have a bar/restaurant downstairs from my apartment. This evening, I can pop off some 1600's that have somewhat similar lighting. I'll send you a message when they've been uploaded.

Terry