The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 105-210, autofocus and digital backs

JimCollum

Has anyone else seen this, or know a solution?
(posted at LL as well)

This has been tried with 2 AFDII bodies, 3 different 105-210 AF lenses, an Aptus 75s back and Mamiya ZD back.

In all of those combinations, the 105-210 might autofocus once or twice, but then fails after that. at the same time the Aperture information also disappears from the camera viewfinder and top lcd (replaced with -- ).

All the contacts have been cleaned. new batteries. All functions work with other lenses on both of these bodies (55-110, 150, 210, 35, 80)... just the 105-210. We tested this out at Keeble and Schucat, with numerous people trying it (to make sure it wasn't user error on my part).

If the digital back is replaced with a film back, the 105-210 works just fine

jim

S

SecondFocus

I had seen this thread on LL. I have a 105-210 and will be shooting next week with a Phase back so I wanted to make sure I was not looking at any problems. I sent an e-mail to MAC Group this week and was advised that there is no problem with that lens type and digital backs. There was talk about a firmware upgrade on LL for the lens but that is just not the case.

But like I mentioned in the LL thread there is a firmware upgrade for the 645AFDII that addresses problems with digital backs and I am thinking that might be the issue for you. It is a very recent firmware upgrade.

Paul2660

Jim

Have you sent your lens in to Mamiya? I confirmed with them yesterday, if the AFDII needs a firmware upgrade, it has to be done by Mamiya, not the end user.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell