The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

R glass for sale

woodyspedden

I am going to sell all of my R glass to fund my newly found MF liability!

Included are:

15 elmarit
19 Elmarit
21-35 Zoom
35-70 Elmarit
80 Lux
180 Elmarit
280 4.0 Apo
1.4 Extender

I am just working up prices but wanted to see how much interest there may be. PM or call me at (970) 231-8110 if interested in any or all.

Woody

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
A best of the best collection from one of the best of the best sellers. The perfect Leica R lens collection.

Kurt

woodyspedden

and when the 22mp 36x36 R10 comes out fully compatible, with focus confirmation?.....:D
Victor

I do this on the one hand with considerable remorse. I love the R glass and believe there will be an R10 and it will be great (and expensive). However I have come to the conclusion that I need three different systems.

A. The M8 for lightweight travel and fantastic files. It is of course not a system which can do it all but for what it does it is the best.

B. A DSLR with AF for all normal daily shooting. Macro and Telephoto are prime issues as well but fast reliable and accurate AF is critical for me. The Nikon D3 and the superb new Nikon glass get it done for me. I understand the R10 will be AF but using my criteria that means buying a whole new round of Leica AF glass and that ain't gonna happen.

C. MF for my landscape work which means large prints. I just don't believe 35mm is competitive here as you of all people know. Even with the best glass in the world the 24x36 sensor is just too small for high resolution without very significant compromises.

So for me, as I see it, having these three systems gets me what I want and need. A new 35mm system is just not necessary.

Best

Woody

gogopix

Subscriber
well having picked up your 105-280 I am certainly not going to talk you out of selling the R stuff.:D

woodyspedden

Who just joined the 35-70mm Elmarit club?

Robert
A fellow Coloradoan whose name I will withheld until he lets me know he is O.K with displaying. I am looking forward to breakfast with him next Thursday and welcoming him to the 35-70 Elmarit club.

Best

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Woody,
Whether or not you currently own a 35-70 elmarit, if you have owned one you are in the club for life. Guy, Chuck Jones, Son, you, me... who else have I forgotten. Just wondering if you guys from Colorado hit oil or something out there. Next to Hong Kong and China there's a pretty hefty concentration of good glass going west.

gogopix

Subscriber
Well, based on you all's recomendation I was an early suc... I mean buyer of this lens. Was LNIB from a store that Boris bought out. Looks new. Unfortunately, with little use, it STILL looks new.

and NO I AM NOT SELLING :D

Victor

PS PeterA, I think I found something else for you to look for. ;)

PPS: Kurt, Robert David, yes?

robsteve

Subscriber
Yes, I have one ans was shooting it at the Carmel workshop. Sean at Camera West noticed it from a mile off when I walked in with it on the DMR.

woodyspedden

O.K Guys, here is the list priced to sell

15 3.5.......mint..........$2500

15 Elmarit Asph...mint.$4800

19 elmarit...Exc +.......$2100

80 Lux........Exc++......$1600

21-35 Zoom..Mint........$1850 Includes optional hood

280 4.0........Mint........$3400

1.4 TC.........Mint........$950

50 Lux Safari Mint.......$600

I will be happy to shoot pictures for any interested buyers. They won't exactly look like they were shot by Marc Williams but will be good enough for evaluations LOL

Woody

Stuart Richardson

Man, I guess I won't sell my gear here! Between Woody and Marc, I can't handle the competition. I am getting ready to sell my DMR and some of the R lenses, but I am thinking of waiting until photokina to sell the lenses as I think they will be worth more after an R10 announcement...
Great stuff though Woody, I wish you the best for your sale! This is some seriously amazing glass.

PeterA

Stuart after a lot of thinking and testing - I have decided that I prefer to use Leica glass on 35mm well above any other as I don't really need auto focus.

I have placed myself in a state of mind regarding Leica R announcements or not so that I actually don't care about the timing or not of a new R camera I know my DMR back delivers the quality I like. Same for my M8 and a three lenses - that will stay as my light travel kit.

My current gear buying focus is on finessing my MFD decision and after using Marc's H3D-31 am even more convinced regarding the quality and excellence of this system...the clear choice of me now is between a H3D11-39 or a multi-shot version of same as my final MF 'solution'.

So it is Leica and Hasselblad for me and Alpa with Schneider as my eccentric exotic.

Pete