The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS - Leaf 75 Aptus with H1 starter kit

PeterA

Ok here is a great deal for anyone who wants to buy into a MFD system.:thumbs:

I am selling my Leaf Aptus 75 in H mount along with an H1 body/prism HC 80mm lens and 35mm lenses, hoods, and protective filters. I bought all items new.

I am asking $18,500 for the complete kit and buyer pays for shipping and insurance. Given recent sales of similar I think my pricing is pretty good.:angel:

This was my starter kit when I bought everything new a year and half ago. I am not a professional shooter, so the Leaf back has less than 2000 activations and everything is in excellent/mint condition.

The back comes with a graflock adapter so that it can be used on a View camera if you like as well as all the stuff required to shoot tethered.

Boxes for each component from Leaf and Hasselblad are included.

PeterA

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Think I need that ski mask for the bank visit again. Damn i would love to have this. bad timing for me

D

DougDolde

I think you could easily net your price on Ebay. Just be sure you break it up into pieces. Kits don't fetch as much on Ebay.

And use Garage Sale to make spiffy auction pages with lots of hi quality photos. Good ads do work. (Which brings the point that your ad here isn't so good - no photos) Anyone spending that kind of dough needs to SEE the item.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you Doug, good images help sell gear, exspecially high-dollar gear. But I buy lots of gear from folks I know here, sight unseen and based solely on their description... And bottom line this is a super deal from a super person :)

PeterA

Thanks for your input Doug and Jack. Yes I realise I don't have any pretty pictures ! - but I thought if anyone was interested I could organize same. We wiil see what eventuates. I am happy to sell the back separately.

D

DougDolde

My selling experience report -

As I was buying the Aptus 75S from DaveK I sold off my whole 4x5 kit on Ebay, most of it on one weekend. Maybe it was the full moon but it was a veritable feeding frenzy.

I used Garage Sale, took nice photos with my G9, and set them up with a Buy Now prices which were by my estimation on the high side. I also used the Ebay feature than makes someone pay immediately with Paypal if they use Buy Now. This will eliminate the number one problem of bidders who bid then don't pay.

Also I separated everything into individual items, Arca Swiss Field 4x5, binocular viewer, each lensboard by itself, 15cm extension, individual lenses, etc. One guy bought all the Arca Swiss items, if I had them bundled as a kit the total price would have been much lower.

The problem here in this forum is there aren't that many potential buyers for such big ticket items. Open your Ebay auctions up to international buyers and you have hundreds if not thousands of potental buyers.

I wound up shipping to Hong Kong, Bejing, New Jersey, England, Iceland. Not that difficult as I use US Postal EMS and print the labels and customs form online.

Guy Mancuso

Doug did you not just buy a big ticket item here. LOL

Busting you chops . Actually to be really honest there have been HUGE sales here. But I agree photos do help a lot. But we have to remember to e-bay fees have become really expensive on 18 grand that is going to be a whopping fee

D

DougDolde

Yes, but now there's one less person in the market for a MFB. My point is that this is a very limited forum compared to the visibility that Ebay gives a seller.

Guy Mancuso

I know Doug just giving you a hard time but we do hope more MF folks will come on board . This place is growing everyday.

PeterA

Doug,

A close friend owns one of the larger camera stores here in Melbourne and does lot of international buying and selling via Ebay. I thought someone would snap this deal up given the price - and I was happy to help someone from the forum save a few thousand and a lot of mucking around getting a 'starter' kit. I based this on recent sales in here on comparable systems.

I will give this a few days - as I am going bush and doing some wild pig shooting over a long weekend. If no takers over the next few days..what you suggest is EXACTLY what is going to happen -- > complete with bottom up and sideways lighting and all that wonderful sexy product presentation...but my friend will do it via his shop and all the stuff will sell for a lot more than I am advertising

hence Pete is quite relaxed.:salute:

thank you for your advice.

PeterA

Doug - my stuff is mint and I am happy to make pics for any genuine interest. I am a lazy guy glued to 5 bloomberg screens during the day, and way too much pf the night.. - I actually don't care about a couple of thousand here or there if I can make a friend. What goes around comes around.

(and no I am not trying to be a smarty pants)

but yeah I agree - given time I coulda shoulda made a nicer 'ad'. LOL

D

DougDolde

Don't tell me this is your Ebay ad Peter ! New York is a long way from Oz

PeterA

Doug - I am a simple guy what I say is what I do. I haven't advertised on Ebay by ad i meant my openning thread announcement....

fotografz

Very nice gear Peter. An Aptus 75 with that little of use sells for close to your whole package price ...

I can tell you from experience that the 33 meg Aptus75 is one of the best backs out there and is also excellent on a view-camera with T/S. The Leaf CMOS RAW files are directly supported by ACR and Lightroom ... no conversion necessary.... then can be saved as DNGs or whatever. Tethered shooting is a breeze with Leaf Capture Software. I loved the huge 6X7 LCD screen.

Best of luck Peter :clap: