The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: gitzo for 16lb lens

gogopix

Subscriber
will just order the 3530S tomorrow, but figured I give it a shot if someone had a gitzo for heavy lenses. we are talking "5" series. dont need center mount Doesnt have to be pretty, or light. Just solid. I have a JOBO gimbal mount (wemberley's arent wide enough!)from CAnada for some hefty lenses, incl a SK 300/2.0 wide as a barn LOL

anhyway let me know. If you have something I will pay shipping (give you my account receipt by email for a fedex label.

regards
Victor

robsteve

Subscriber
Victor:

I may have what you need. Let me see if I can find a model number on it. It is a Gitzo with the black anodized legs and the gitzo hammertone type paint on the main tubes.

The model umber is a G525, which is the rapid column. Fully extended, but with the column down, it is 64 inches high. With the center column up, it is 74 1/2 inches high.

Robert

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
i'd rather a carbon column. the dampening is a bit better. for the gimbal mounts, it is also better to have just a center platform.