The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Chugwater, Wyoming with the D3S

jbcrane

One of my favorite things to do for the past 30 years has been wander with my cameras, especially to the places on the map where they place the compass - because there's nothing else there. While everyone else heads to Yellowstone and the Tetons, lately I've been wandering up into extreme northern Colorado/southern Wyoming, a short 50 miles from my home in Fort Collins. I'm finding great beauty in the more mundane things I tend to overlook when I don't have a camera in hand. It rained most of the day. When ever I'd get out to shoot I'd wind up soaking wet, water dripping from the camera and 105VR Micro. I can attest to the weather sealing on both. When the rain stopped long enough to shoot, color and texture seemed the order of the day. Hope you enjoy.(more here: http://jbcrane.zenfolio.com/chugwater)

Lloyd

One of my favorite things to do for the past 30 years has been wander with my cameras, especially to the places on the map where they place the compass - because there's nothing else there. While everyone else heads to Yellowstone and the Tetons, lately I've been wandering up into extreme northern Colorado/southern Wyoming, a short 50 miles from my home in Fort Collins. I'm finding great beauty in the more mundane things I tend to overlook when I don't have a camera in hand. It rained most of the day. When ever I'd get out to shoot I'd wind up soaking wet, water dripping from the camera and 105VR Micro. I can attest to the weather sealing on both. When the rain stopped long enough to shoot, color and texture seemed the order of the day. Hope you enjoy.(more here: http://jbcrane.zenfolio.com/chugwater)
Great set of images, John. Glad you braved the weather, and then shared them with us. This is art, pure and simple:thumbup:

Love to have you jump in and share more with us on the "New and Improved" Fun with Nikon thread: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16567

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
John, i'll second Lloyd on all counts, comments and suggestion included.

Great set here, and some terrific work on your various sites. Some of the F6 stuff being simply outwordly.

Welcome, and looking forward to see more in this forum!

shtarka1

John, i'll second Lloyd on all counts, comments and suggestion included.

Great set here, and some terrific work on your various sites. Some of the F6 stuff being simply outwordly.

Welcome, and looking forward to see more in this forum!
+ 1! Welcome to the DPI!:)

jbcrane

Thanks guys. I appreciate the warm welcome. I'll skip on over to the 3K thread and take a look around.