The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My life with Jeanne has moved to the end game...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

We have converted our master bed room up stairs into a home hospice place. This way we can be together with our music, films, art, books and the cats. The doctors have given us 2-3 months but I think it will be sooner as she can no longer get out of bed.

I want to thank everyone here for their kind words and giving me a great sea to float these bottles out into.

At least we have time to plan the memorial service. It looks like it'll be based around Mozart's "Requiem" and the poems of Emily Dickinson and T.S. Elliot's "Four Quartets.'

And we find life still goes on...

Last edited:

Terry

John,
You posts as of late have not sounded very optimistic. Very hard to find the words to write. I wish you well and hope that you can cherish what little time you have left together.

Best heartfelt wishes,
Terry

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
John,
You posts as of late have not sounded very optimistic. Very hard to find the words to write. I wish you well and hope that you can cherish what little time you have left together.

Best heartfelt wishes,
Terry
No, optimistic thought has been in short supply lately. I guess it really dropped when they moved the hospital bed in and oxygen generator. I'm photographing her off on on I think I want to have the images and as a news shooter once told me, "When I see it the view finder it's not real, it's on when I stop does it come into my life."

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A confluence of emotions runs though me for you right now John; my deepest sympathies combined with my best wishes for your remaining time together to be as deeply cherished as possible.

Warmest regards,

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Your situation brings into focus how precious each day is. Especially true once the finite number of them has been penciled in. Peace to you both.

Best,
Tim

H

Haya

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife I hope your remaining time together is well spent and that you have the strength to help her through this.. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you.

woodyspedden

No, optimistic thought has been in short supply lately. I guess it really dropped when they moved the hospital bed in and oxygen generator. I'm photographing her off on on I think I want to have the images and as a news shooter once told me, "When I see it the view finder it's not real, it's on when I stop does it come into my life."
John

I so resonate with your situation and hope that your love of arts will somehow deepen your love of life with Jeanne and become the common denominator for your final decisions.

I have already tried to plan out some of these same issues for me as I am 8 years older than my Phyllis. Only change from you is I have decided I want the final movement of Mahlers 2nd (Resurrection) symphony as I want to focus on the beauty of the afterlife as opposed to the finality of the funeral mass. Only a personal perspective but if you are not familiar with that movement you may want to listen together. Marvelously uplifting IMHO.

God bless both of you

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John enjoy the wonderful moments you each have left together and cherish your life with her. We are all so saddened by this and we hope the things you love will help lift your spirits. Be her strength John. Bless both of you through these times.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
John, I will be praying for Jeanne. I hope that you can comfort each other at this time. God bless you both.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
John, the deepest sympathies from me and my wife, you are both in our thoughts
Ursula & Steen from Denmark