The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 28 Summricron Like New

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is like new with IR filter which the filter mount is scratched a little . The lens is perfect and the hoods i have never used. So there spanking new . All that you see. I can ship as late as Saturday before a trip . Paypal 2850.00

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
The world is coming to an end. Life as we know it will cease to exist. Guy is selling his 28 cron. Clearly he is sick. That MF bug must have hit him hard.

Guy Mancuso

Yes . I still have a lot of leica glass but need to raise some money . I actually have this one covered

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Not the 28 cron, Guy are you ill or something?
I would have understood a 35 lux, but a 28 cron?:wtf:
-bob

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I aaaagree with you Bob. Guy is nucking futz to sell a 28 Cron!!!

Guy Mancuso

I think I am going to wait on this one. Not in a hurry maybe I will make it up at the black jack table. LOL

woodyspedden

I aaaagree with you Bob. Guy is nucking futz to sell a 28 Cron!!!
Yea guys but you know Guy when he gets "The Bug."

We went through this when he went to the M system and sold all of his R gear in a heartbeat. He had spent 10,000 pages on Fred Miranda extolling the never ending virtues of the DMR/R glass and then was gone without a trace!!

But you got to go with the tools you think willl make you more money and get your particular jobs done. So for Guy this now looks like Mamiya glass and bodies and Phase One backs. Probably a very good choice.

Best of luck with your new stuff Guy

We love you

woody

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am waiting for the time Guy wants to start sloughing off those Phase One backs.
I am making a note in my calendar right now :)
-bob

robertwright

I just got mine and I cannot fathom how I got by without it before. It really took me aback!

I think there is something with the contrast of this lens coupled to the M8's sensor and they work together extremely well. It is as if it can see "into shadows" and pull them out.

Makes me wonder, considering how much better (smooth-sharp, excellent macro and micro contrast) this lens is than any other lens period I have used, am I missing something for example with my 35 cron asph? Is the lux that much better?

if there was one lens to rule them all...this might be it?

Guy Mancuso

Yea guys but you know Guy when he gets "The Bug."

We went through this when he went to the M system and sold all of his R gear in a heartbeat. He had spent 10,000 pages on Fred Miranda extolling the never ending virtues of the DMR/R glass and then was gone without a trace!!

But you got to go with the tools you think willl make you more money and get your particular jobs done. So for Guy this now looks like Mamiya glass and bodies and Phase One backs. Probably a very good choice.

Best of luck with your new stuff Guy

We love you

woody

Thanks Woody truth be told it is either a new P30 plus or P 25 plus with a new Phase one body and New 80mm lens from Lance at Capture Intergration. Everything is new and I think this is the way to go for me. I just need to figure out which one and see how the ZD and 25 and 30 compare out. But no I am not selling my complete M8 kit just paring down to a few lenses. There too much fun and the files are great.

Terry

Thank goodness I read the whole thread as you had my heart beating faster when I saw this for sale! This was the slippery slope lens that made all my other purchases seem relatively cheap :rolleyes:. Between the 28 cron and my 50 lux I am a happy M8 shooter for mostly all situations.

Moderators please read!!!!!
Someone please take away Guy's posting rights on the Buy/Sell forum. :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am waiting for the time Guy wants to start sloughing off those Phase One backs.
I am making a note in my calendar right now :)
-bob
Well Bob...

Since you are coming to Puerto Rico, you should be first in line for Guy's Phase/Mamiya sale.

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Between the 28 cron and my 50 lux I am a happy M8 shooter for mostly all situations.
I agree Terry, cept for me I also need the 21 in the mix. My basic M8 stealth kit (and what I'm bringing to San Juan) is one M8 body, the 21 asph, 28 Cron Asph and 50 pre-Lux.

FWIW, as room or occasions allow, I add a second M8 body next, the 90 Summi after that and the CV12 after that. Also have my 73 Hektor "portrait special" (eat your heart out Irakly!) to add for those special occasions too!

:thumbs:,

Wow Guy, I about fainted when I saw you selling your 28 Cron. The digital MF stuff is no slippery slope - its a freakin' cliff. I gotta stay away from the edge.

atanabe

Wow Guy, I about fainted when I saw you selling your 28 Cron. The digital MF stuff is no slippery slope - its a freakin' cliff. I gotta stay away from the edge.
Mark,
MF digital should have the following disclaimer:
"Guy is a professional . . . DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!" :ROTFL:

Al

woodyspedden

I agree Terry, cept for me I also need the 21 in the mix. My basic M8 stealth kit (and what I'm bringing to San Juan) is one M8 body, the 21 asph, 28 Cron Asph and 50 pre-Lux.

FWIW, as room or occasions allow, I add a second M8 body next, the 90 Summi after that and the CV12 after that. Also have my 73 Hektor "portrait special" (eat your heart out Irakly!) to add for those special occasions too!

:thumbs:,
Jack

I use exactly the same strategy

Woody