The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Action for cleaning up color moire

Don Hutton

I find this little action is very handy for cleaning up color moire at a pixel level on M9 images. Run the action and then brush away the moire using white with the brush tool - use the opacity and flow levels to apply the minimum cover necessary (you're removing a mask and want to leave as much as possible of the mask). This is for CS5 - not sure if it will work as is in earlier versions, but you should be able to rewrite it to work very easily.

I know some folks probably use much more sophisticated methods, but this works pretty well for me and may save some of the less "tech savvy" having to re-invent the wheel if this works for them...

Last edited:

Don Hutton

Here's a little example of how effective it is at pixel level - the crop is at pixel level.

Last edited: