The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hi, I'm new. A few pics..

Lonnie Utah

Hi everyone. New here (duh). Been looking around and so far impressed with the level of talent in this place. Just thought I'd put up a tread to introduce myself.

Sony Shooter (A900) and found this place via google. Looks like a relatively high density of sony shooters vs the real world. Good for me.

Grew up in NC, moved to UT about 10 years ago. Been taking pics for a long time, taking pics seriously somewhat less than that. I call myself an enthusiastic amateur.

I shoot mostly landscapes, but enjoy shooting candids of people. I am blessed to have some AWESOME landscapes within a day's drive.

Here are a few of my favorite images from the last year.

Arches NP

Arches NP

Canyonlands NP

Zion NP

Zion NP

Bonneville Salt Flats

Great Salt Lake

Edge of Cedars State Park

"Fallen Roof House" Cedar Mesa, UT

"House on Fire", Cedar Mesa, UT

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Hope I didn't post too many.

Enjoy,
L

PS. This is me!

PPS: Feel free to add any images to this thread for an anything goes thread...

Terry

Welcome to the forum. Yes, you do live in a great part of the country to be a landscape photographer. Really like a number of your photos. When I was in Arches it was a weeeeee bit too cold to stand outside at night and get the stars.

Lonnie Utah

Thx. Looking forward to participating in the community. Apparently I posted the GSL shot that I failed to do dust spot removal on! :banghead:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, lovely part of the world indeed, and your photos do it justice!
-bob

Last edited: