The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apple Leopard released

woodyspedden

Guy

I had the same experience. The MacBook Pro installed with no issues whatsoever.

The Mac Pro desktop had a number of issues which are killer for me. Imageprint doesn't work at all with Leopard including the just released V7.0. If you use an Eizo monitor you will find the color calibrator software does not work and finally my 2400 would not print correctly even after installing the v3.0 driver that Epson recommends.

So for my desktop I reinstalled Tiger. I don't find the features of Leopard to be so compelling that I am willing to put up with what has been lost. I am sure that Imageprint et al will soon be compatible so I will wait for that to happen before worrying about reinstalling on the desktop machine

Best

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
yes Woody it is a nice update but not enough to put up with the initial bugs, i would just wait it out another week or so. This way they get all the little bugs worked out, I am waiting for a new driver for my Razor 1.6 Pro mouse. i am very stable now except for that but i have a huge project for a client that involves Quark , Cs3 and not going to play around until i am done with those and i have three clean backups if i really need them. The key is backup on Tiger than on Leopard after you get a clean install but Time Machine is very nice and some other features but for folks ready to jump in , know what you are getting into first and read some of the Mac forums first.