The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 Hot pixels,

s.agar

I have my first hot pixels in years. The last ones were with the 3 MP and 5 MP cameras that I had.

I have not seen anything regarding this in the Sigma manual. I have just 2 of these bright white pixels. These are beside each other and show clearly if that part has any sky portion. Does anyone know their replacement policy? I bought the camera 3 days ago, and I guess I may be able to return it.

In the past, each camera had a pixel mapping that came with it in the cameras memory. That is, it was very usual to have hot or dead pixels. In fact I had a russian software that evaluated the CCD and remap the problems. It was then uploaded to the camera.

Is it still the case, or do they now have better quality production eliminating problems all together?

Is the DP-1 a purely amateur camera, or can it be considered semi PRO in this regard? I know that I have paid twice the average camera price.

Regards,

Seyhun

s.agar

I had to change the camera. Sigma sales now asking where the hotpixels are, and I had to send a few photos after marking the pixels. Strange!

Will

I think you must have been unlucky, I've not heard of anyone else have problems with hot pixels. Glad they changed it for you though. If you get any good images we would love to see them.