The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Let's walk to the church and have a meeting

jonoslack

:ROTFL: Not really my scene, but Emma is involved with a fund raising concert for the church structure - it's been taken over by a commission to look after old buildings, so it isn't really a 'church' anymore.

I walked there with the dog - there was wine and talk, and then I walked back. Simple country stuff, but I was pleased with some of the photos. Up to and including the shot of the meeting all are with the 14-24 on the D3, after that they're all with the 24-70.

I thought they made a nice statement about rural england on an early summer's day - I hope it's not a waste of bandwidth.

On the Way to the Church

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Jono - nice images, like the feel and openess and lines to the fourth shot...the clouds and all just really make this shot...very well done...Don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Lovely, Jono
How about having us all over for a shoot and a pint :D
-bob

Robert Campbell

Sounds like a Walk to the Paradise Garden! Even if that is a pub. Your pix really remind me of rural England, Jono - a place that I had thought was all but disappeared - but surely it is still spring? Anyhow, nicely done.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono,
This is a really nice series. I enjoyed looking at every one of them several times.:clap: You are lucky to be living in such beautiful and calming surroundings. Keep 'em coming.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Lovely, Jono
How about having us all over for a shoot and a pint :D
-bob
I'm with Bob, it's better to sit in the pub and think of the church than the other way round :lecture:

Last edited:

jonoslack

Don
Thank you - the open cloud shots are kind of a speciality - we don't really have any 'landscape' around here, it's so flat, so you have to go for the clouds and the trees.

Bob
Absolutely - come for a pint - but we'll go to the pub rather than the church if you please! The church is actually about 3/4 mile out of the village, nobody's sure if it was so that it was closer to the country house, or because the village was moved after the plague.

Bertie
Rural England might have disappeared, but we have a little bit around here . . . or at least, I can sometimes conjure it up. As for spring/summer, you're probably right, but as far as I'm concerned, when the oak trees are in full leaf and the hedgerows are white with cow parsley - it's summer!

Cindy
Thank you - we are lucky, but there are no free lunches with photography. I've lived here for more years than I'm willing to admit, but for the first 10 I really didn't think there was anything to photograph, and when friends come, they don't take any pictures either. I think that some landscapes need to be assimilated before you can really take a view on them (it's very flat here). I like the idea of being able to take interesting images of straightforward places in 'normal' light.

Steen
I'm with Bob, it's better to sit in the pub and think of the church than the other way round :lecture:
Actually, it's better to sit in the pub and NOT think about the church. I was a bit careful of how I introduced this, I'm not sure that my feelings about the church are for general consumption. On the other hand, my feelings about the pub are for mass consumption ;-)

Come over with Bob, and we'll go to the pub!

Thanks everyone for responding.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
You live in a beautiful area Jono..great images. I like church, especially after a night at the pub :)

helenhill

Just Magnificent .....the Photos & your Locale
A Great Epic novel Setting

So was it the 'Wine' that helped entice you to the Church meeting, Jono Dearest ;);) ?

Best, H

jonoslack

Hi Helen
Just Magnificent .....the Photos & your Locale
A Great Epic novel Setting
Novel maybe, epic; not so sure - maybe Jane Austin would be a better bet ! Glad you like the pictures though - thank you!

So was it the 'Wine' that helped entice you to the Church meeting, Jono Dearest ;);) ?
No - Absolutely not - I went because I was told to go . . . .we brought the wine, and it would have been much nicer to drink it at home!

Terry

Jono,
I adore your trees and skies. But I still think about your scarecrows from the neighboring farm. So my favorite two are #2 and #4 from the second post.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Number four of the last batch is particularly nice, and a clear proof that going to church pays off: see how nicely "whoever-is-in-charge" has arranged the clouds :D

Actually, the whole last batch is very nice.

jonoslack

Hi Terry
The scarecrows are rather a tragedy - we gave the local farmer a book of all his scarecrows over the years - he was really grateful and impressed . . . . but he's never made another one since. I dare not ask why.

Helen Thank you
Man Ray was not what I was thinking about - but you couldn't have said anything nicer.

Jorgen
"whoever-is-in-charge" would not have appreciated the attitude with which I went to church, so, I think that we can assume that "whoever-is-in-charge" is NOT a christian!

Of course, it could be my fabulous skill at spotting odd clouds :ROTFL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Terry
"whoever-is-in-charge" would not have appreciated the attitude with which I went to church, so, I think that we can assume that "whoever-is-in-charge" is NOT a christian!

Of course, it could be my fabulous skill at spotting odd clouds :ROTFL:
Where I live, nobody is in charge, and see how that experiment works out: people are just smiling. Can't be good. They need some western style worries, the sooner the better :ROTFL:

PS. Actually, they are getting some of them. McDonald's and the lot are her big time, and people in the cities are getting fatter and sicker by the day :(