The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official Lighting workshop announcement

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Folks you need to read the following announcement. Remember every digital modern back made will be on hand for this workshop. Aptus, Sinar, Hassy and Phase bodies and backs. This is a a great chance to try it all out and learn all about lighting and shooting Professional models. You just don't get this much in any workshop that I know. A splendid opportunity to learn.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2542

David K

Workshop Member
We need to get Kurt to come to this workshop. Give him a chance to see what those MF backs can do in the studio.

Guy Mancuso

I agree. We need folks that want to know all about this . Great education here . This workshop alone could save you a mistake in purchasing and also with the prices Steve and Lance will provide for MF can save you a bundle.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Actually, for anybody considering a MF DB, this will be a great chance to test them all.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
David, you need to buy that 200VR of mine that is still out there so that I could consider being able to finance the trip. :D

David K

Workshop Member
Touché... I'm trying to impose a bit of fiscal self-discipline these days. This may not be the best place to hang out to accomplish that :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
hehe, i thought it would be about lighting :)
it's more logical to have bron and profoto reps there.
Probably logical for an advanced course in lighting, but since this is designed more as an intro to lighting, studio shooting and working with models, the actual brand of lighting isn't going to be all that important. (But FTR this particular studio is fully-equipped with Profoto, my personal favorites anyway :) )

As far as a range of MF DB's being on hand to demo, we can thank our reps for generously agreeing to support the workshop in this fashion.

Cheers,

David K

Workshop Member
I've done a lighting workshop at this studio. The facility is top notch and the lighting options are very extensive. Cyc wall, different color paper backdrops, softboxes, grids, beauty dishes, ringflash... anything and everything you could want to try... and the So. Fla. models aren't too shabby either :)

Guy Mancuso

Some added news

We added a lingerie model for Thursday afternoon on one of the sets in the studio. As always we strive very hard to give you the best we can in our workshops. We also have 2 bikini models for Friday morning on location in the beach area's. Don't forget we are shooting a cool looking motorcycle for our product shot that will involve many lights for a very high end advertising look. I should add we also have about 6 other models for commercial, editorial and fashion looks going on at different sets and being art directed by Jack and myself. Time to sign up folks.