The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Acute2 1200 User Question

robmac

Quick one. Picked up a new-to-me Acute2 1200. All works fine but am getting a slow flashing red-lamp in IR cell when on and ready and one lamp in A socket with modeling light on. This IS NOT the rapid red flashing indicating slow recycle setting, just a semi-regular red almost 'ready' indicator lamp.

Modeling light off, SAME sole lamp in either B socket, regardless of power setting, or modeling light or not, no flashing. Same lamp in A socket, same settings all around - semi-steady red flashing indicator. By semi-steady I mean flash red once, couple seconds, flash again, couple seconds, flash twice quickly, rinse repeat.

Best guess from Profoto tech I called is something brewing with pack's A channel/socket. The fact that same lamp sees no symptoms in either B socket, etc would seem to eliminate it as an issue. Have tried pack from different outlets, etc., no change to circumstances.

Anyone else have any thoughts/seen it before?

Last edited:

robmac

As a further clarification:

When head in A socket, unit goes into it's morris-code routine, regardless of power setting or modeling light dimmer setting. Turn modeling light off on pack or head - blinking stops.

Unit is not overheating (red solid light, no recycle, nor set on slow recycle - fast flashing) - happens when cold or allowed to warm up for x minutes.

Now, move same head to either B socket, full power, modeling on full - no blinking. Nada - under any circumstances (barring setting pack to slow recycle).

Talked to couple of repair centers (one in Canada, one in US) and some Acute2 owners and all mystified. Best guess is something starting to go amiss re: A socket. Was curious if anyone had seen before, but looks like one of those weird ones.