The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Timing is Everything

T

tokengirl

I remember my first 35mm SLR camera. It was a Yashica FX-3 with a 50mm f1.4 lens. Totally manual, it just needed a couple of watch batteries for the light meter. Got it in 1982. It's what I learned on.

Then I got busy with life. And lent the camera to my mother for something or other. Somehow it got trashed. I moved on. Forgot about it.

Today I was looking around the top shelf of my closet. You know that spot, way up there and in the back, where there can't possibly be anything good.

The mystery box had a little bit of weight to it. I was very surprised when I opened it up. There sat my camera, in absolutely mint condition. Then the memory came back to me, of going to the store and buying the replacement body after the original got trashed. It cost $79.00, and it was the newer model, a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000. It appears to be working perfectly.

Looking around on the net, it appears not have lost any significant value. :D

I had intended to purchase some sort of 50mm lens for my M6 this week, because it's just wrong to have as much gear as I do and not have a 50mm lens.

Now all I have to buy is a couple of watch batteries. :p

jonoslack

That Fx-3 is a fab camera - I had one of them and really loved it . . . but I don't think it's in a box anywhere!

Enjoy . . .

T

tokengirl

Well I got new batteries and the light meter still doesn't work. No biggie, I have a little Sekonic and I am not afraid of the sunny 16 rule. Test roll gets shot tomorrow.

T

tokengirl

Ok now the shutter doesn't close. I just know the camera repair shop is going to want more to fix it than it's actually worth. So I'm moving on. :cry:

I just did something I should have done a long time ago: I ordered a "like new" Canon EOS film body from KEH since I already have more EF lenses than I can carry.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ok now the shutter doesn't close. I just know the camera repair shop is going to want more to fix it than it's actually worth. So I'm moving on. :cry:

I just did something I should have done a long time ago: I ordered a "like new" Canon EOS film body from KEH since I already have more EF lenses than I can carry.
Bummer about the FX-3.