The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Member "thsinar"

T

thsinar

to all members here,

I wish to introduce myself as a new member of this forum.

My name is Thierry Hagenauer, french and swiss citizen, and am working for Sinar AG Switzerland for nearly 18 years.

I used to run my own studio and lab in Strasbourg, France, doing mainly commercial photography, using MF and 4x5", from 1980 to 1990 and after a master degree in biochemistry and in geology at the university of Strasbourg, where I was born.

I joigned Sinar in June 1990 as a manager of their workshop dpt. until the end of the 90s, during which time I run more than 400 4-days workshops about large format photography, also with digital backs when digital started in 94.

Since more than 10 years I am now Sinar's sales manager for Asian and Pacific countries and am now living in Bangkok, Thailand since 5 years to be closer to the market. From time to time I am still running LF and Digital Workshops, especially in China.

I am a member of another famous forum since December '06, the Luminous Landscape forum, unter the same name "thsinar".

I have decided to join here on my free will, meaning that I am not asked by the Sinar management to be here, the same way I am member of LLF on my free will. However, I sign my posts with my name and with the Sinar name, and with the knowledge of my management.

My purpose here is not to make any marketing, nor to try to sell something. Nor is it my intention to bash, to rant or say any bad things about the competitors of Sinar. Also, I shall not judge any member here by the brand of the product(s) he (or she) is using.

My purpose is mainly to share information about what I know, with anyone interested in, and obviously mainly about Sinar products, since I have spent my 27 years in professional photography with Sinar, as a customer first, then as an employee.
I shall also intervene when I have the feeling that something wrong is said/written here about the products I represent, to correct and give the right information, or if I have the feeling that I can contribute with my own experience as a studio photographer.

Since this membership is on my free will and because I have as well my real life/job to care for, you might sometimes not see me here for a while. I shall however do my best to answer as quickly as possible to any question you might ask to me.

Also, I do not pretend to know it all, and will certainly have requests and questions which I cannot answer simply because I do not know it. I will however in this case look for the right answer at the appropriate place at Sinar.

Thanks and looking forward to fruitful discussions here,

Thierry Hagenauer
Sinar AG Switzerland
[email protected]
www.sinarcameras.com

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thierry it is a pleasure to have you here and I am sure all the MF folks are also. Personally I would love to hear about more of the Sinar line too. So if there is some product info you would like to pass on to Jack and I we can place that somewhere on the forum that makes sense and please feel at home here. Thanks for introducing yourself

David K

Workshop Member
I'd like to join Graham and Guy and say it's great to see you here. Even though I shoot with Leaf I've always read your posts on LL with great interest and admiration at the way you handle yourself. Looking forward to learning more about the Sinar lineup from you.

R

rainer-v

I'd like to join Graham and Guy and say it's great to see you here. Even though I shoot with Leaf I've always read your posts on LL with great interest and admiration at the way you handle yourself. Looking forward to learning more about the Sinar lineup from you.
hi thierry, so we both are new .....
i am welcoming also this new forum and many known people from LL and OPF.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thierry and Hello Rainer!

It is great to have you both here --- welcome!