The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Congratulations

iansky

It is great to see a new forum that has a section dedicated to small sensor cameras and users, Thanks to Sean for prompting this and Mitch for supporting - I am sure this will grow very rapidly and constructively and provide many sensible points of discussion as well as valuable information for all.

I have been using the GRD for about 2 yrs and now find I use it more than my DSLR (purely due to weight/size & laziness), that said, the quality of images that many of the small sensored cameras can produce is incredible.

I like many others suspect the future of these cameras is very bright and, when and if the Sigma DP-1 does arrive it will potentially revolutionise the current market expectations - we already see many working photographers carrying compacts as backup cameras and the likes of Ricoh are aware of this.

The advent of the small compact with the "Larger sensor" is almost upon us and I would not be surprised to see the likes of Canon release a compact with a larger CMOS Canon made sensor in 2008 - Any thoughts?

I am waiting for my GRD2, and if it exceeds as I supect and Mitch has just about proved the quality of the GRD - I will be a happy bunny!

:thumbup:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome! I am kind of excited about this space too, since I really don't know too much about these smaller camera options. However, given many of the images I'm seeing in the other GR thread, I'm going to have to get up to speed!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Same here Jack , I honestly did not know much about these camera's and how popular they are with folks. Now i have a ton of reading to do and a nice thank you to Sean and Mitch for leading the way here. Have fun folks

W

Walt

Yes, thanks to Sean and Mitch, and to Guy and Jack. Guy got me on the forum last night from his Blackberry (or whatever)--way beyond the call of duty I'd say.

Good wishes,
Walt

iansky

I must say it is a pretty impressive start, as of this moment there have been 161 posts on the Small sensor format area - wow!

This is obviously an indication of the interest in this format and I personally look forward s to a long and happy association with this site, and discussing a subject I love with like minded people.