The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travel photography - feedback please

W

wson

It is my first post here. Most photos were taken by Contax 645 - Feedbacks and critiques welcome!

Cheers.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Welcome! I look forward to viewing your photos, can you post a link or post them in this thread?

Thanks,
Tim

Terry

There are a ton of shots that I really like. Well done! Many are not the typical composition (Ankor Wat) which makes the whole series a lot more interesting. Wisdom Path is one of my favorites and the Tokyo series architecture has a lot of nice viewpoints.

In terms of the main page of the website everything is very visually appealing it just isn't obvious without some trial and error to know how to navigate through your site.

W

wson

Thanks for your comments. I'm still kind of exploring my own strengths/weaknesses so you may find my composition style "quite inconsistent" ...

I tend to be more satisfied with my work at standard/short-tele range in b/w, I hope you like those too.

Terry

Thanks for your comments. I'm still kind of exploring my own strengths/weaknesses so you may find my composition style "quite inconsistent" ...

I tend to be more satisfied with my work at standard/short-tele range in b/w, I hope you like those too.
I think I like the standard/short tele simply because it forces you to get a sense of where you are without it being obvious from a big wide angle hot encompasing everything.

ecliffordsmith

Hi,

You have some very impressive work on your site. The natural perspective B&W work does stand out.

I will look some more when I have time.

ecliffordsmith

Hi,

sorry, me again, is there a particular film you are using in these images or does it vary? The reason for the question is that the highlights seem to be kept very well.

W

wson

I usually shoot color with Fujifilm Fortia SP 120 and b/w with Kodak TMax 100 and Ilford DELTA 400.

But I've recently bought a box of ADOX ORTHO 25 and CHS 25 online as the ADOX claims "Resolution up to 330L/mm ...", I'll make some test shots soon.

helenhill

Just Outstanding........Japan,China,Cambodia ,New Zealand
Switzerland was the only series that did not move me
Truly Lovely Work :clap:

best- h :)