The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Horseman SW-DII, Aptus 75 and Digitar 55mm

JimCollum

Tried out the 55mm digitar lens on the Horseman with a Leaf Aptus 75s. The files were processed in LC11 with sharpening set to 0, taken at ISO 100. These are 100% crops

f4.5

f5.6

f8.0

f11

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jim looks like F11 is optimum and is starting to go at F22 but F16 still looks real good . Hard to tell between F11 and F16 though which is better . Leaning at F11 myself

E

ericstaud

Hi Jim,

I am using an Alpa with the 24, 35, 47, 72, and 100 digitars. I find that F11 is generally optimal but I often stop down more. With the 47 and 35 lenses the outside of the image will improve with more f stop. When shooting a high rise I will often shoot at 22 so that the top of the building will improve a little in sharpness while the center of the image circle will suffer a little in sharpness. In the end, the apparent sharpness of the image will be more uniform from top to bottom.

JimCollum

Hi Jim,

I am using an Alpa with the 24, 35, 47, 72, and 100 digitars. I find that F11 is generally optimal but I often stop down more. With the 47 and 35 lenses the outside of the image will improve with more f stop. When shooting a high rise I will often shoot at 22 so that the top of the building will improve a little in sharpness while the center of the image circle will suffer a little in sharpness. In the end, the apparent sharpness of the image will be more uniform from top to bottom.
These were taken on center. when i have time i'll take a look at the outer area as well. I'm also testing the 135mm