The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yellow tinge toward center of negative

photohc

So, I've been processing BW (Neopan 400) for a couple of months now. Today, I did two rolls and upon drying, I noticed a yellow tinge running down the center of the roll. The edges, appear to be the normal color but this is the first time this has happened to me. I'm still new to this and would appreciate some thoughts on what may have caused this. The exposure seems normal and scans seems okay but I must have done something wrong during the process and this does not seem normal. I'm using Tmax developer and nearing the end of the container. Could developer be old? I've had it about 3 mos.

Bernard

Your fixer is probably exhausted. You need to mix up a new batch and re-fix the film before the stain becomes permanent. You may have to do this in a tray if the film has already been cut.

photohc

Thank you Bernard! That was it. Within a few minutes of soaking, the tinge disappeared. I failed to check my Fixer before using. Thanks again. Harv