The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD2 & GX100 Raw Developer

D

David Paul Carr

Is anybody else using RD? Care to share your settings? I find that with the GRD2 I have to set the contrast to +30 / 40 %, hybrid sharpen 6/9, early stage NR 4, colour smoothing 7, luminance smoothing 4 (my current starting point for colour 200 ISO output). I am interested in outputting the sharpest possible colour TIFFs for subsequent retouching and possible interpolation with a view to printing large if required. I'm not interested in contrasty black and white (which I find much easier to achieve...).
I'm finding getting to good default sharpening and NR settings very difficult (much harder than with my Canon DSLRs). When I get it wrong, output looks like that from any run of the mill P&S. When I get it right I can justify the price of the cameras... Starting off by photographing a page from a magazine and trying to sharpen that seems to be a good technique...
I've reluctantly given up on Lightroom: can't sharpen adequately and noise reduction for files over 400 ISO isn't sufficient...

Last edited: