The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF T/S what are my options?

EH21

Hi,
I'm shooting with a Rollei 6008/P20 and wondered if some of you more experience folk can tell me what are my options for T/S are.

Here's what I already know about:

Xact-2 system which I think can work with my P20 but is expensive - looks heavy and slow, and I'm not sure this fit my working style.

Schneider makes a 55mm PCS lens but I think its the same cost new as the xact-2. Not sure how well this will work with extension tubes, but assume it will be fine?

Custom view camera set up? Graham, how are you liking yours so far? Is it hard to use?

I'm looking for something on the cheap side, that perhaps could work LF lenses that I could still use my viewfinder. Something along the lines of Mark Tucker's plunger cam adapted to the Rollei could work but I'd need a shutter.

EH21

Forgot to add that previously to getting the Rollei, I shot with a zork fitted to my Leica R8/DMR with wonderful results using the 90mm APO Rodagon enlarging lens. I also use this with my canon 5D as well as the 90mm and 24mm TSE lenses. The canon 90mm T/S is actually a very decent optic and its really amazing to be able to fit that lens with any combination of extension tubes or lens extenders and still get eTTL flash metering. I used to love holding the camera in one hand and the flash in the other for macro work. Problem is I got hooked on the better DR and detail so made the change to the Rollei.