The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 slow startup

Terry

The X100 has been know to start up slowly after images have been downloaded and the card has not been reformatted. It seems that downloading to the iPad makes it even worse. Apparently Apple adds a file on to the card. I just saw a post over at x100forum.com that suggests putting your SD card in read only mode before downloading to avoid the issue. Just thought I would pass that tip along.

The tip is out of place in a thread about battery chargers hence I didn't link to the exact thread.

;)

Rich M

The X100 has been know to start up slowly after images have been downloaded and the card has not been reformatted. It seems that downloading to the iPad makes it even worse. Apparently Apple adds a file on to the card. I just saw a post over at x100forum.com that suggests putting your SD card in read only mode before downloading to avoid the issue. Just thought I would pass that tip along.

The tip is out of place in a thread about battery chargers hence I didn't link to the exact thread.

;)
Thanks Terry.....OSX does the same on a thumb drive.....when you move to a PC with the drive (for example), you see all these hidden files and drive performance suffers.

Remedy....format frequently.

R