The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(K-5) ISO 25600 portrait….

raist3d

Some of you can probably guess who this is. This is a high ISO shot converted in-camera so it's effectively also an out of camera JPEG. I was surprised how well it did. A bit warm but that's what I wanted. The K-5 in-camera RAW converter is just so flexible. You can up/down the ISO by 2 stops (or is it half up to +/- 1), film simulation, white balance, convert to a lossless TIFF even (Olympus was first with RAW->TIFF I think and had that a while back but they dropped it).

What I like the most is you can select/batch convert, not have to set one by one and convert.

A nice 1.7 megapixies image. K-5 fears no low light. DA70 Limited.

As a portrait, I think it's a bit too tight and I needed to step back more.

- Raist

raist3d

And another (this last one I just tweaked a notch up in Mac OS / X preview before uploading for not wanting to go back to the K-5 with the memcard and raise the ISO 1/2 a stop up).

- Raist

T

thinkfloyd

wow, the in-camera processing looks cleaner to my eyes... very impressive! :)

raist3d

Both are in-camera processed. The last one I just tweaked the JPEG up in exposure after converted it in-camera. Probably having done that in-camera would have been a hair cleaner. But yeah, I was pretty surprised too.

- Raist

Terry

Here are a couple of shots from the other direction....I need a lot of lens firepower to keep up :D.

I was at f0.95 and ISO 3200 with a decent amount of +EV comp. These were jpegs at standard no RAW support yet.

ISO 2500

raist3d

I think what's cool is that my shot highlights just how small the G3 is, while your shots highlight how small the K-5 is. :)

- Ricardo