The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SD1 Review

roanjoh

Just read it.........in summary:

The camera is WAY overpriced with good image quality.

I couldn't agree more.

W

Wozza604

The price of the camera is definitely disappointing. I have a DP2 and really like the quality and character of the images I get out of it, especially the way the details in people's faces really come out.

The colour noise mentioned in that review isn't in fact colour noise. What happens is that silicone is more sensitive to the greens spectrum than others, so shadows can take on a green-ish hue, especially at higher iso's (because the original signal is being amplified, and more green spectrum has been absorbed by the sensor than red or blue).

J

jessyjen

Hi,

You have shared valuable information here. Sigma SD1 is enabled with several features but cost of it is really disappointing.