The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help me build a C1 or Phocus workflow

Hi all,

Can you (the collective wisdom) help me build a workflow around C1 4.1 (will not likely be going to PRO when it comes out) or Phocus/Flexcolor? I shoot with a DMR.

In the past, I used Adobe for nearly every step of the process, but I am trying to move away from Adobe because after playing with C1 4.1 for a morning I am getting better results than I ever did from Adobe (which works very well for Canon and Nikon) and Flexcolor doesn't seem to be as painfully slow on the Intel Macs. Also, I am shooting much less than I used to and I don't really need the workflow speed of Adobe. If I have to process 10,000 images at a shot, Adobe is still the gold standard, but I am not right now. My next trip is in a week and I don't expect to come home with much more than about 500 images and I should be able to process images daily or close to it.

My general process is as follows:
1. Ingest
2. Backup (duplicate)/verify to external drive
3. Bulk rename
4. Bulk metadata
5. Rank and edit
6. Specific metadata
7. Backup
8. Raw process/color correct
9. Backup
10. (optional) Photoshop batch process: saturation, sharpening/LCE, resize images and generate multiple sizes/copies
11. Archive

Honestly I am pretty open to anything. What do you recommend?

etrigan63

Need to know more about your environment. What is your digital darkroom set up? Do you have a server? What about offsite backup?