The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Film exposed on M7. Quick question

kullenpak

So pretty much, I was busy shooting some frames of my friend and my roll was at it's end so I flipped down the rewind switch of my M7 but another one of my friends came up and distracted me for about 5 minutes. Then, I went back to my camera and took off the bottom plate and reached for the roll of film. It wouldn't budge. The back door flipped open and guess what...LUCKY ME, the film wasn't rewinded!. During the time I was talking with my friend and away from my camera, I had forgotten that I didn't wind the film back into the canister. Realizing my mistake, I panicked and closed the back door and bottom plate and rewound the film and took it out.

My question is: How many frames do you think I lost?

I had the same thing happen to me and developed the film anyway. I lost several frames but recovered most of them - I'm at work so can't count the number of lost frames but I think about 8 or so out of 36.

I expected worse, so considered myself lucky - must remember to rewind! ;-)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Haven't you heard? Somebody has made this wonderful new invention that enables the camera to rewind automatically when the film roll comes to an end. My almost more or less brand new Contax RX has it. Better stay updated on technology and buy the latest stuff :ROTFL:

Godfrey

Don't feel bad. It's probably happened at least once to every serious 35mm film camera user ... !

250swb

My question is: How many frames do you think I lost?
Anywhere between three and all of them.

As Godfrey has said, it has either happened to all of us, or it will happen eventually. Don't feel bad, it will now concentrate your mind when rewinding a film for the rest of your life!

Steve

kullenpak

Good news guys, only about four frames were completely lost! The rest suffered from a little light leak at the edge of the negative, but if you ask me, it adds a neat little touch and character to the photographs!