The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Book review "The Photograph: Composition & Color Design"

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like good books on photography and this one by Harold Mante is very good. It is superbly illustrated with multiple images on each of its 190 pages, and in addition to being good photography, the images do an excellent job of illustrating the author's points on composition and image design. The chapters are laid out in a logical progression, covering all aspects of composition and design. The information is appropriate for beginner through advanced photographers alike. If you only have one book on composition, this is the one to get.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Photograph-Composition-Color-Design/dp/1933952261

*Full disclosure: I received a copy of this book un-solicited, and as such I did not pay for it. (It was sent to me by a mutual friend of mine and the author's.) I hope my followers here know me well enough to understand I never give any product a favorable review unless it deserves it. This book is no exception.

:thumbs:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
:thumbs:This is a great book Jack. I've had my copy since March and find it well worth going back to.:thumbs:

gogopix

Subscriber
Dear Jack

Thanks for the heads up! Always learning, always (trying) to improve.

I ordered it.

Regards
Victor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Terry, Let me know what you think after reading the first few chapters :)