The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Broncolor Hazylights

O

Omnicow

Hello! I recently came into possession of an assortment of Broncolor lighting equipment with which I plan to shoot product photography. Amongst the equipment is a trio of Hazylights, the fiberglass kind, which seem to have varying model numbers but almost identical design. The issue is that the diffusers in the front are either missing, in one instance, are quite aged and yellow. I'd like to replace the diffusers on all of them if this can be done affordably. It seems that they are some sort of film held onto an aluminum frame by an adhesive tape. I should just be able to replace the film. Does anyone know where I can find a material matching manufacturer's specifications?

Thank you very much!

-Ryan

Kirk Candlish

In it's day the Hazylight was the premium product light. Pop a sheet of milk white plexi on the front of them and use the dedicated head with counter reflector and you'll have a nice even highlight in your product shots. The key to the design is the dedicated head with the front diffusion.

Or just put that same sheet of plexi in front of a Plume Wafer for the same even light and a whole lot less weight. The medium and large Wafers have the least fall off from center to edge of any softbox and they'll easily equal the quality of the Hazy.