The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A movie for photographers

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Had a few hours to kill this morning before the games started so was cruising through Showtime looking for a movie to watch. For whatever reason, I had missed this one when it was in the theaters: a Coen brothers film starring Billy Bob Thornton titled "The Man Who Wasn't There."

Lots of good actors and while the story line is decent, it isn't what I'd call outstanding; I liked it, but suspect not everybody will. IMO the real benefit of this film is spectacular cinematography and lighting. Shot entirely in B&W and done 'film noir' style, the cinematography is phenomenal; essentially being a coherent collection of beautifully framed and composed stills, along with exquisite lighting for each set. I cannot imagine any "street photographer" not appreciating it for those qualities alone.

imdb overview: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243133/

Hope you like it ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Would have looked okay in bleach-bypass style too, but IMO the B&W was what made it work so well...