The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3rd party batteries

Sapphie

My advice is: be careful ! Some of them are too thick and whilst they slide in ok, albeit a little tightly, you may find that they don't slide out again so readily!!

Lee

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Lee, If you a bit more specific (name them), it would be more useful.

Jeffg53

I have one that I bought in Australia and it is great. I also have an extra charger which works on either 240 or 12 volt. The real warning is be careful where you buy. Here is the guy that I buy from: Digital Camera Battery - Batteries 400 Day Money Back Guaranteed

I had trouble with a V Lux battery a while back as the camera would not accept it. They took it back, sorted the problem out and then sent me a replacement that works well.

Sapphie

Lee, If you a bit more specific (name them), it would be more useful.
Vivek

Yes, sorry, you are right. It was one from amazon UK affiliated seller. I have contacted them and they have offered a replacement/refund. I may try another or just stick with OEM, it was just that I eventually realised that the copy I had was thicker than the OEM and, whilst it went in ok, I gave myself a fright getting it out as it would not pop out easily and I had to hold the spring loaded catch down with a paper clip and shake the camera a little for the battery to come out enough for me to slide it out again!

So, I scared myself. Just beware - if it seems almost too snug going in, best to stop. No point potentially damaging a battery catch on a £1400 body for the sake of saving £40 on a battery!

Lee

M

Markus

Received two Hähnel batteries yesterday and they fit perfectly - no differences to the original batteries.