The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whole Viso setup for the M8

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well i bought this from Hank about a month or so ago and have not used it yet so Hank sent me all the images he took of it it and the text so i am going to sell it to someone that can make better use out of it and i got a 5d to handle this stuff. I don't do really any macro work for clients so it sits in the closet. Like to sell the whole shooting match here.

Everything in this kit is in beautiful condition.

Visoflex III with 90 degree finder (M8 compatible), new $199. Brightscreen screen installed by Brightscreen with 1.33 crops inscribed for M8, clean mirrors. Recently had a CLA by DAG. Original ground glass screen also included.

Vertical magnifier / chimney finder

Custom hot shoe to micro plug adapter to use radio transmitters with 90degree finder.

Bellows II 16556 with Leica M mount adapter 16596G

Rodenstock Rodagon 105mm f/5,6 enlarger lens (no front or rear cap).

Everything in this kit is in beautiful condition.

Visoflex III with 90 degree finder (M8 compatible), new $199. Brightscreen screen installed by Brightscreen with 1.33 crops inscribed for M8, clean mirrors. Recently had a CLA by DAG. Original ground glass screen also included.

Vertical magnifier / chimney finder

Custom hot shoe to micro plug adapter to use radio transmitters with 90degree finder.

Bellows II 16556 with Leica M mount adapter 16596G

Rodenstock Rodagon 105mm f/5,6 enlarger lens (no front or rear cap).

Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon D 75mm f/4 : (a spectacular lens nothing beats it at 1:1 or larger magnifications - $576.95 new at B+H)

LTM to M bayonet adapter to mount enlarging lenses on Bellow II.

You can have it all for a low holiday price of 699.00. I'm taking a loss here from what i can remember i paid for it. shiping is 30 in the US . International we will have to figure out

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Some more photos that Hank sent me. Knowing me i will throw whatever else i can find that is useful. I do have another adapter i will throw in for a 90 elmar i believe.

PSon

I am glad Jack got this system otherwise I almost added to my many macro systems. The Apo-Rodagon-D is an amazing lens for very close up work. I used it with the Sigma SD14 and the Apo correction is among the very best lens I see.

Greg Lockrey

This is a little OT but here goes anyway. I've been using a 100 mm Schneider Componon-S with my Sinar/Canon 5D ("poor man's scanner") to copy large pieces of flat artwork if I can't fit them onto my 12x17" flatbed scanner and later stitch them together. (Typically a 30" wide piece is my limit for stitching using the flatbed.) I've been very satisfied with the results. I know that this isn't the "high end" way to do this, but then I'm a poor boy from Michigan.;) This thread has got my couriosity about these Apo-Rodagon-D lenses. Just how much better are these over the Schneider for digital capture? What would I expect to see different? Or am I in the ballpark with my current setup? I typically copy up to 20x30" segments of very large pieces and then stitch these if I need to. BTW, I've been looking for a vertical finder for my Visioflex III. :)

Last edited:

EH21

Hi Greg,
I'm sure Son or one of the others will add more useful info, but I use a 90mm APO rodagon fitted to both my leica DMR and canon 5D with the zork MFS and have been making poor man's copies of old family photos. The APO rodagon is a very impressive lens and you would not be disappointed with it. I don't know how much difference there is between the D and plain APO rodagon (if any) but if there is I don't think you'll see it with the 5D. The rodagon edges out my leica 100 apo macro and was about 1/5 the cost. I have a 80mm schneider macro symmar for the same setup but the rodagon is better - more contrast.

Regards,
Eric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I have a Viso III head and 90 degree finder I will now sell --- I think I paid $250, so how does $225 sound?

PSon

There are several version of the Rodagon such as D versus N; D for duplication and N for enlarger lens. The Apo version have several advantages: 1) Faster Lens, 2) Sharp wide open while the other lens require stopping down, 3) Apo-chromatic correction at macro distance, 4) Normal macro lens will not be able to compete at very high magnification as Eric Hiss has mentioned when he compares with his Leica Macro lens which is legendary.

Jack, that is a nice price for your Visoflex III. Pehaps we can work out the detail with the Macbook Pro.

-Son