The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Strobe Light

A

andreagenor

Hi,
I want buy new strobe light, I use brazilian made strobe Atek and now I want to go a step forward.
I'm searching entry level pack or monolight and I see three options.
Broncolor Senso, Profoto Acute or Profoto D1.
But here in Brazil I don't have acess to this products for testing, because it I need some sugestions.
At first look I like more Broncolor Senso, because there are more power than D1 and more easy control, and sure, is cute. You know we work with beauty :)
But I realy would like hear other opinions.

Sorry my bad English!

Last edited:

fotografz

I usually recommend a pack system but in this case, I'd say go with a Profoto D1 three light studio kit which is about the same price as the Broncolor Senso kit.

Profoto D1 Air 3 Head Studio Kit - 1- 1000W/s / 2- 500W/s 901087

2,000w/s of power verses 1200, three heads rather than two, faster recycle, comes with full AIR control from the camera, and you can add small clip-on lithium batteries to go mobile without an AC power source.

Check in your area as to which brands are easily rented. This provides back-up and access to more exotic gear should you need it for a specific job. In my area it is Profoto, and it has been Profoto everywhere I've traveled to.

Marc

MJMoore

I love working with my Profoto's - great lights! The 3 light kit that Marc recommended is a fantastic set up. I would suggest investing in heavier duty light stands when you can. I use Avenger C-stands with boom arms - the stands that come in the kits are ok for use in studio but you cannot boom them at all. The Air system is superb - having the flexibility to adjust lights power up/down, turn on/off modeling lights is a nice feature.

Michael