The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon T70 does Europe ! Members wanted !

proenca

Hi there,

I have an old Canon T70 that is sitting on a shelf gathering dust so I came up with a nice idea ( or so I think ) : pass the camera around the world ( let's start with Europe ) and everyone takes pictures with it.

I know that few started this project ( with cheaper cameras ! ) and they usually get lost, but I have three good reasons for this one to work :

- every person must be accepted to enter this challenge
- is mandatory that the shipping is with tracking number
- and the most important of all : a good cause - Cancer

In the end, 2 photos per photographer will be selected ( that participated ) and will be created a book ( via blurb ), with 10.00€ markup price.

Those 10.00€ will be directly donated to the Cancer Society, so all this to have fun and help a good cause.

I created a website , Pass The Canon , go there and see the rules and how to join.

Send me an email ( email AT passthecanon DOT com ) if you want to join - check the website what is needed to send in the email.

Camera will stay with each person for a week and then shipped to another. The only cost you will have is shipping the camera to the next person ( as well the developing of the film you will use with the camera ). The book will be made in the end of the challenge and its purely optional to buy - you can participate in the challenge and NOT buy the book. Its open only to European photographers at the moment - worldwide poses a bit of a problem with customs, lets start with European Countries and see how it goes then open up to the world.

Best regards,

Goncalo Proenca