The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Light Meter

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Does anyone still use a lightmeter/flashmeter? If so, when? I don't hear much about them anymore, but my old Sekonic L-558 comes out whenever the strobes come out.

darr

I carry a Pocket Spot meter in my bag when I shoot my Alpa. I use it every-so-often, but not all that much. It is a bleed over from my 4x5" days. When I shoot strobe, I also use a Sekinic 558.

ReeRay

Minolta flash meter V1. Never leave home without it. Brilliant meter. Reflective, incident, spot, flash, highlight, shadow, average. Can't ask for more.

As I shoot a lot of transparency film I find incident light reading essential. Conversely, the 5% spot to accurately establish shadow and highlights is a blessing. Combining the three readings provides images that are very easy to scan.