The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cannot open Capture 1 V4.5

Hello All

I have recently updated my C1 V3.7.7 to V4.5. Immediately upon program launch, I get a crash dialog box with the message "C1 has unexpectedly stopped working". I have filled out the error reporting sections within the dialog box (3 times now) and sent it to Phase 1, but no joy from them.

I run WIN XP SP3 with 2Gig RAM and am legally using this software. To eliminate the potential for interaction with old versions of C1, I went back and deleted all installed C1 versions and did a fresh reload of V4.5 with the same results. I can't get past the crash dialog box to even begin to investigate. Funny thing is, it worked for the first week while I was reading the manual.

Phase-1 hasn't been any help. I thought since many of you run C1 you may have already killed this snake.

Many Thanks
Paul

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Cannot help you with PC, sorry. It installed just fine on my MacPro and MacBookPro and it is working smoothly on the MacBookPro.

However an important note on the 8-core MacPro, and that is tethering doesn't work. Has something to do with the way C1 grabs available RAM on the big machine creates a firewire error. All of the normal processing functions work fine, this issue just affects tethering on teh MacPros with 8-cores. C1 is working on a permanent fix, but the temporary solution is to yank all but 2G RAM in you MacPro, then tethering works fine.

Original poster here:

A new revision, Capture One V4.5.1, was announced shortly after my original post and, upon downloading it, fixed my problem. I attribute my issue to new program teething and subsequent bug fixes because I haven't altered my OS (Win XP SP3) in any manner. Anyhow, back to reading the manual.

Paul