The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1-Pro FW upgrade 1.11

A new FW upgrade has been release which apparently only affects the M Adapter usage .
Nothing has been done to upgrade the camera operability in other areas.
Firmware for X-Pro1 | Fujifilm Global
There is a misleading warning on the Fuji site about checking the correct size of the uploaded file: the file should be 36.5 Mb according to Fuji, but it is actually 38.3 Mb, at least on my Mac.
It works anyhow and as usual it resets the camera to factory default :scry:.
This camera has the worst FW I have encountered at least during the last 5 years.
I was used to configure all my cameras to suit my shooting needs and habits, now I have to configure my shooting habits to the camera needs.

Braeside

I found this note:

Firmware version 1.11 is now available for the X-Pro1 and addresses the following issue. Please note that this firmware is only required if you use the Fujifilm M Mount Adapter:
1.When FUJIFILM M-mount adapter is set to the camera body and the correction menu of "COLOR SHADING CORRECTION" or "PERIPHERAL ILLUMINATION CORRECTION" for the mount adapter is operated, corrected live image can be displayed on EVF/LCD for setting appropriate value with ease.

Rich M

I found this note:

Firmware version 1.11 is now available for the X-Pro1 and addresses the following issue. Please note that this firmware is only required if you use the Fujifilm M Mount Adapter:
1.When FUJIFILM M-mount adapter is set to the camera body and the correction menu of "COLOR SHADING CORRECTION" or "PERIPHERAL ILLUMINATION CORRECTION" for the mount adapter is operated, corrected live image can be displayed on EVF/LCD for setting appropriate value with ease.
That seems pretty cool......

Braeside

It was a criticism that I had of the previous version, you couldn't preview live the effect of those adjustments.

Wish they would fix the other pressing problems though, like Auto ISO min shutter speed and slow start up if Apple writes any odd files to the SD card.

gDallasK

I found this note:

Does exactly what it says on the tin too!

A very worthwhile improvement.