The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Really Right Stuff L Bracket for X-Pro1

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just got mine this week. Fits perfectly and not too bulky either. :thumbs:

The bracket comes in two parts, the base and the L side plate. Easy access to the battery/SD card. There are also drilled holes on the right side too which suggests that perhaps RRS will have a grip available at some point that'll fit on it, similar to the RRS Leica M8/9 L plate solution.

RRS site says pre-order and I did order and pay for mine a few months ago. However, shipping has obviously started.

I'll post a pic for those interested.

Mine came in today. Came as two separate orders, as when I called they only showed one piece that was in stock. Looks the way an RRS plate is supposed to look.

All the other L plates I have came as single piece units. This was two pieces, but all that needed to be done for assembly was insert this screw you see at the junction down there at the bottom.

So, it's available now. Or at least it should be, even if it's not currently in stock.

I should also add that this was the only time I've called RRS, and I'm impressed as hell with their customer service. I always knew they made good nice -- it's pleasant to find out that they really know how to take care of people too.

GrahamWelland

Derek - I agree about RRS phones customer service. I've taken to calling them more these days even when I think I know what I want on line - they sometimes have alternative solutions that are smaller/cheaper/better if you ask them. I still buy/pay online with the order but they tell me the best parts for my needs.

Tony

I wonder how the L bracket will work with the accessory fuji grip? The bottom of it looks like they included a secondary mounting point for the grip. Can anyone confirm this? I will shoot an email to RRS as well.

GrahamWelland

No - RRS design the plate so that it fits on to the camera's tripod mount and still access the battery/SD card. With the grip the tripod hole is in a different location.